Essential skills / experience:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Good logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
IT Service Desk Manager 2
We are looking for an experienced, well presented, enthusiastic & confident communicator who is... More »
We are looking for an experienced, well presented, enthusiastic & confident communicator who is able to offer excellent customer service, strong organisation skills a self-motivated attitude and passion for IT.
Description Of Job (Main responsibilities and tasks):
- Coordinate support desk tickets making sure SLA targets are met.
- Book onsite visits and manage engineer calendars/schedules
- Provide guidance for problems and questions raised by the support team, escalate to third tier support where necessary.
- Coordinate with Senior Team for escalation of tickets
- Coach and mentor the helpdesk team for improvement of both technical and customer skills. Work with the senior team to organise more structured training where identified.
- Participate in regular meetings.
- Identifying and making recommendations on ways to improve both internal and customer IT systems.
- Lead, manage and direct the team to support all aspects of the IT Support Service, taking operational responsibility for the team and the service provided to clients, including where day-to-day management has been delegated.
- Promote and assist in the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures that seek to guide and shape the IT Support Service.
- Take responsibility for own workload and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
Technical Skills (essential)
- Working and administrative knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office applications and Office 365.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware troubleshooting, installation and configuration.
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- DNS / DHCP
- Networking knowledge and troubleshooting, switches basic routers etc.
- Experience working within a service/helpdesk environment.
- IT engineering qualification to degree or at least 3 years’ appropriate experience in an IT support environment.